With the Coronavirus (COVID-19) a dominant topic in the news and in each of our workplaces, I want to provide you, our valued customer, with an update on how Deluxe is ensuring our ability to meet your needs at this challenging time.
As you know, Deluxe has been serving our customers for more than 105 years, and in that time, we have navigated global issues that have impacted our customers, our employees and our operations. Since COVID-19 became a public health emergency, we activated a rapid response team to ensure we have contingencies in place to continue to provide the products and services that help drive our economy.
Daily we are monitoring guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and the World Health Organization. We are communicating with our employees each day to share the latest information as we have it and we are in contact with customers directly when appropriate to share our planning.
Specifically, here is how we are managing this situation:
• with printing and distribution plants across the country, we have contingencies in place to maintain our ability to meet customer needs;
• we have relationships with suppliers across the globe to ensure we can meet deadlines on current and new projects;
• we have call center locations and remittance processing sites in various states, and, as a result, we are able to meet customer needs by shifting work from one location to another depending on situations occurring in certain states;
• we are encouraging our employees to work from home where appropriate to minimize social contact in this environment; and,
• we have shut down international travel and are allowing only business-critical travel for our employees within North America.
As necessary, we will continue to provide up-to-date and transparent communication regarding our efforts. The safety and security of our employees and our partners is paramount, as is meeting the needs of our customers.
Thank you for your commitment to Deluxe. I look forward to our ongoing partnership and I appreciate the trust you place in our company.
Barry C. McCarthy President and CEO Deluxe