There's no doubt that COVID-19 has had a significant impact on small businesses. But contrary to what you may think, now can actually be the perfect time to start a new business. Armed with the right tools, you can start down the path from business idea to successful startup. Follow our 16-week series to gain all the insights you need to Start a New Business Now.
Here’s a sneak peek at what you’ll learn in Chapter 11.
The coronavirus crisis and social justice movement have reshaped the small business landscape, and if you’re starting a new business it’s critical to understand exactly how to cater to customers in a new normal. Though you don’t yet have an established and trusted brand, your startup can leverage shifts in consumer behavior to offer an enhanced level of customer care that fosters goodwill, loyalty and profitability.
When you understand what customers need now, you can even disrupt the market and put your startup on the fast track for success.
In Chapter 11 of How to Start a Business Now, you’ll learn how COVID-19 and the social justice movement have impacted customer behaviors and expectations, and how your startup should respond to an evolving world. This eBook covers:
How to keep customers safe
Customer safety should be paramount for all businesses, including startups that have yet to earn customer trust. How to Start a Business Now details:
- Measures you can take to keep customers safe in your store, restaurant or office space
- How you can alleviate customer concerns with alternative pickup and delivery options
- Whether you should be concerned about HVAC systems spreading the coronavirus
- How much small businesses typically spend on workspace alterations in response to the virus
- What customers are most concerned about – and how to dig deeper into your own audience’s concerns
How to win customers with convenience
Many protocols instituted for customer safety also lend themselves to convenience – and convenience is a fantastic way to earn customers. Find out:
- Which safety measures will likely become post-pandemic norms, and why
- Which types of conveniences customers prefer: curbside pickup, ordering apps or self-checkout
- How established businesses are leveraging the current climate into new, disruptive offerings – and how you can do the same
How to create value for customers
There’s no doubt the pandemic has affected personal finances nationwide, and many customers are gravitating toward companies that can offer real, tangible value. Read Chapter 11 of How to Start a Business Now to discover:
- How much income Americans have lost during the pandemic
- Why you don’t need to offer steep discounts to create value
- How consumer behaviors have changed during the pandemic, and how to leverage those shifts to generate value for customers
- 10 ways to create value that attract contemporary customers
How to effectively communicate with customers
Communication is key to establishing your startup and growing your new business. Get tips that will help you:
- Demonstrate your authority and foster customer trust through strong communication
- Identify which vehicles offer the best opportunities to communicate with customers
- Adopt a tone that resonates with customers and addresses their primary concerns
How to eliminate discrimination in your business
It’s easy for small businesses to believe they won’t discriminate against anyone for any reason, but statistics prove discrimination remains an unfortunate reality for many shoppers. Get the information you need to:
- Understand how discrimination happens and which groups most often experience discrimination when shopping
- Gain insight through real-world stories of discrimination, including an NFL player who was denied a bank account due to his race and how more than 500 businesses boycotted Facebook advertising over perceived racism
- Develop a zero-tolerance discrimination policy for your startup
Caring for your customers is critical to startup success, and so is understanding how the coronavirus crisis and social justice movement have changed what it means to care for customers. Strategic care initiatives help endear customers to your brand and can even disrupt the market to spur rapid growth for your startup. Find out everything you need to know about customer care in a new normal in Chapter 11 of How to Start a Business Now. START TODAY.
Toolkit: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Stay up-to-date on ways to advance your business during the outbreak.
Subscribe to the Toolkit
Get tips to keep you, your employees and your business going
Keep your business moving forward
Blog Small Business
There’s never been a better time to start a business. COVID-19 has created opportunities in new markets and the eBook How to Start a Business Now, guides you through all the steps necessary to ensure your businesses success.
Blog Small Business
Creating an employee recognition program can reduce employee turnover, increase community in your small business and increase overall engagement in your workforce.
Blog Small Business
Reopening your business safely can be easy as having a solid plan. Learn how to ensure safety and reduce risk.