New Hire Checklist
A large part of administering your payroll is ensuring that all required data and forms are obtained for each new hire.
To assist you we have provided a checklist below of essential data necessary to complete and retain for each new hire file. This checklist is a resource only and is not intended to replace any company policy or human resource requirements. Also available are links for federal forms necessary to complete the new hire file.
An efficient payroll process is just part of a successful strategy for your business. Preparing your payroll accurately and on time is no small task. Deluxe Payroll is happy to assist you with any question or problem you may encounter.
New Hire Checklist:
- Application for employment, List of References and List of Emergency Contacts
- W-4, and I-9 forms (Employee provides proper Identification from List A or B and C)
- Copy of Drivers License
- Applicable State withholding form
- Employee Data form for payroll (contains name, address, SSN#, pay rates, etc.)
- Benefit enrollment form(s)
- Direct Deposit Information if applicable