As the holidays approach and you begin to prepare all areas of your business for this joyous — but busy — season, you’ll need to set aside some time to create your holiday cards. Seasonal greetings and messages are your opportunity to express your gratitude to clients, customers, partners, investors and everyone else who has supported your business throughout the year. Of course, figuring out what to write inside business holiday cards can be a challenge, especially when you have a long list of seasonal to-dos that demand your attention.
To make this process easier, we’re sharing a list of messages that you can write inside your holiday cards. Try these examples as is, or adapt them to suit your purposes using the tips provided here to guide you.
Thanksgiving holiday greeting messages
1. May you have a bountiful Thanksgiving and wonderful holiday season.
2. The [company name] team wish you and those dear to you a happy Thanksgiving.
3. One of the joys of Thanksgiving is expressing our deep appreciation for customers like you. Thank you for visiting us this year. May you have a happy and healthy holiday season.
4. At this time of Thanksgiving, we would like you to know how grateful we are for your business. Happy holidays, from our family to yours.
5. We are thankful for you — not just on Thanksgiving, but every day. Happy holidays.
General holiday greeting messages
1. Our warmest thoughts and best wishes for a wonderful holiday and a happy New Year.
2. May peace, love and prosperity follow you always.
3. Best wishes for a holiday season filled with joy.
4. Wishing you a happy holiday season and a new year of health, happiness and prosperity.
5. As the year draws to a close, we give thanks for customers like you. Wishing you a season of joy and cheer.
6. Wishing you love and laughter this holiday season. We look forward to seeing you in the coming year.
7. Merry Christmas, happy holidays and best wishes for a wonderful New Year.
8. The team here at [company name] wishes you a happy holiday season and a prosperous New Year.
9. At this special time of year, our thoughts turn gratefully to our customers. Thank you for your continued support. Happy holidays.
10. May your home be filled with happiness this holiday season.
11. So grateful to have customers like you during the holidays — and all year long.
12. We appreciate your business and wish you success throughout the coming year.
13. Thank you for making [current year] a success. We look forward to working with you in the years to come. Happy holidays.
14. Cheers to the New Year! Let’s make it the best yet!
15. It has been a pleasure working with you. We wish you a bright and prosperous New Year.
16. As we reflect on the past year, we count you among our blessings. Thank you for your business, and have a wonderful holiday season.
17. We wish you and those dear to you warmth and cheer. Season’s greetings from the [company name] team.
18. Season’s greetings, and best wishes for a happy New Year.
19. May peace and joy be yours throughout the year.
20. Warm winter wishes for an enchanted holiday season.
3 tips for writing holiday card messages
1. Stay true to your company’s voice
Though it’s perfectly acceptable to get a little more lyrical during this time of year, if a more poetic message doesn’t feel like the right fit for your business, don’t force it. If, for example, you’re typically more straightforward when communicating with customers or clients, bring that voice to your cards.
2. Speak from the heart
When choosing what to write inside business holiday cards, express your warm feelings. Let your customers know that you appreciate them and how important their support is to you and your business.
3. Know your audience
The way that you address customers will likely be different than the way you address associates or employees. Consider the recipient before you sit down to write.
Sending out holiday cards is a great way to show that your business cares and strengthen the relationship you have with vendors, customers, staff or clients. Use the above tips and greetings, and you’ll have your Thanksgiving cards, Christmas cards and the rest of your holiday messages written in no time.