The importance of a powerful logo cannot be underestimated; it is a strong symbol and ultimately the most significant tool for customers to recognize your brand. While using a professional logo designer is the best overall tip for developing the most impressive and memorable logo, below are 8 additional tips to help you make the most of your logo design.
1. Balance your logo with text and graphic symbol. The appearance or style of the words also conveys meaning. Thus, it’s essential to consider an appropriate look for your business, then allow graphic designers to convey it from a wide selection of fonts and images. An appropriate logo has impact and builds consumer awareness.
2. Design for simplicity, not complexity. A simple image with legible, clean text is much easier to remember and recognize, and not easily confused with the abundance of existing logos.
3. Test variation in your logo color. A great logo should look good whether in a single color, black-and-white, or mixed colors and tones. Regardless of color aside, a logo’s identity should shine.
4. Keep your logo unique and avoid similarity to others. Possible copyright or trademark infringement notwithstanding, customers shouldn’t get confused and identify your logo with a competitor’s instead.
5. Describe your business with your logo. An exceptional logo should need only its image – combined with a minimal caption or slogan – to portray what it is that your business does.
6. Think long-term. Imagine a company growing, evolving through the years, its branding and identity intact. That conveys endurance and stability. Rather than following trends and fads, develop a logo that continually builds brand equity through the years.
7. Know and apply your customer demographics. Understand your customer base, and use colors that will appeal to them, based on consumer research. Use larger print for those over 60 and vibrant colors for a younger audience to create more impact.
8. Finally, get the right design from the start! Think about how the logo will appear across different applications: websites, promotional materials and print copy, T-shirts, billboards, invoices, etc. It should be appropriate for every use while building life-long brand recognition, no matter its size or color!
By following these logo design tips and working with an online professional logo service, less is left to chance and more to experience and know-how instead. At the end of the day, if your business is recognizable and memorable, your logo design has hit the mark. And though it may seem like a small detail, your company logo is, perhaps, one of the biggest assets when it comes to longevity in business.
Get ready to love your new logo
Build your brand, starting with professional logo design.