Get a look inside the Deluxe logo design process, and hear designers’ insights on illustrated logos. Here’s what we learned from Creative Director, Cono Fusco, and Logo Designer, Daniel Liete.
Why a logo is important
First, it’s important to remember why a logo is crucial to a small business’s branding efforts:
- A logo builds trust in your brand, which in turn builds brand equity.
- When you display your logo everywhere (which you should do), it reinforces your brand in customers’ minds and, over time, creates trust and familiarity with your products and services.
- When clients repeatedly see your logo on business cards, social media, signage, uniforms, vehicles, printed material, packaging and so on, your brand remains top-of-mind.
The Deluxe design process
As Cono explained, Deluxe logos go through a multi-step process that transforms a client’s ideas into a strong logo. Each logo designed by Deluxe is unique and created from scratch. Here’s how it works:
- The client fills out a short creative brief that covers their business, their initial logo ideas and their thoughts about colors and other design aspects. It’s ok if business owners don’t have fully fleshed-out thoughts at this stage!
- The Deluxe design team creates a series of concepts that capture these ideas and the essence of the business in various ways.
- The client picks their favorite from the concepts, and the revision process begins.
- Deluxe makes revisions per the client’s specifications until the logo is perfect.
- When the design is complete, Deluxe provides the logo in various formats so it’s suitable for online and print use at any size.
How hand-illustrated logos are different
As Daniel explained in the webinar, hand-illustrated logos start with a freehand drawing that is then digitized and turned into a logo. Some hand-drawn logos are world-famous:
While all Deluxe logos are one-of-a-kind designs, a hand-drawn illustration ensures your logo is a perfect synthesis of the values and ideas of your business. Even better, they bring out the child in all of us and create a personal connection with the viewer, thus going an extra step in creating brand loyalty. Here are a few illustrated logos that Deluxe has designed:
The design process for a hand-drawn logo is very similar to the regular logo process. And, as with all Deluxe logos, we’ll revise the design so it’s exactly what our clients are looking for.
To hear more about the Deluxe logo design process, watch The Secrets of Great Logo Design.
Get the secrets to great logo design with our comprehensive guide