Deluxe Small Business Revolution – Main Street
Voting Official Rules
- Eligibility: Voting for an eligible small town as outlined below in these Official Rules for the Deluxe Small Business Revolution – Main Street (the “Program”) is open to visitors to www.smallbusinessrevolution.org (“Voters”). Employees and non-employee workers of Deluxe Corporation, Fast Horse Inc., Flow Nonfiction, Furniture Unlimited Inc., Nina Hale Inc., and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and agents, and any agencies or other companies involved in the development or execution of the Program or production or distribution of Program materials, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such person are not eligible to vote. The Program is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Sponsor/Administrator: Deluxe Corporation, 3680 Victoria St N, Shoreview, MN, 55126.
- Agreement to Official Rules: Participation by voting in the Program constitutes Voter’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s/Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Program.
- Timing: Voting for the Program begins on February 13, 2018, at 6 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) and ends on February 20, 2018, at 8 p.m. CT (the “Voting Period”). The computer clock of Sponsor’s administrator is the official time-keeping device for the Program.
- How to Vote: During the Voting Period, Voters may visit www.smallbusinessrevolution.org to access the Program voting form, cast a vote for one of the eligible small towns that was selected as a finalist in the Program. Voters must complete all fields in the voting form and follow all applicable instructions to submit a vote in the Program. Limit one vote per person, per device, per day during the Voting Period. By submitting a vote, each Voter confirms that his or her vote complies with all submission requirements and these Official Rules. Sponsor/Administrator, in its sole discretion, will determine whether votes comply with these Official Rules and may disqualify any vote for any reason whatsoever.
- Small Business Revolution – Main Street Winner: After the Voting Period concludes, Sponsor/Administrator will determine the winner of the Small Business Revolution – Main Street Program by considering the total number of eligible votes cast during the Voting Period for each eligible town, and any other independent research or information Sponsor/Administrator wishes to consider or deems necessary to choose a winner, including but not limited to the following factors:
- Challenges faced by local small businesses
- Challenges faced by the town
- Potential uses for and impact to be made by the award granted as part of the Small Business Revolution – Main Street
- Need for support and services for local businesses and communities
Sponsor/Administrator reserves the right to make all decisions and determinations, in its sole discretion, in choosing the town that will receive the Small Business Revolution – Main Street Award.
- General Conditions: If for any reason, the Program is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, may corrupt or affect the administration, operation, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Program, Sponsor/Administrator reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Program, and select the winner, from the votes received prior to the action taken or in other such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor/Administrator. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of this Program may be in violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor/Administrator reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor/Administrator’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Program, Voter agrees to release and hold harmless Deluxe Corporation, Fast Horse Inc., Flow Nonfiction, Ty Pennington and ___________ Nina Hale Inc., and their respective related companies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents and agencies, promotional partners, and their officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Program, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Program; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Program or the processing of votes; (e) late, lost, or undeliverable mail; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Voter’s participation in the Program. Voter further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Program and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Voter waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Disputes: Voter agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Program or the Award or its associated winner selection and/or notification (the “Program Administration”) shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of Minnesota or the appropriate Minnesota State Court located in Hennepin County, Minnesota; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Program, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will Voter be permitted to obtain awards for and Voter hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Program and Program Administration, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Minnesota, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Minnesota or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Minnesota.