Deluxe Small Business Revolution – Main Street Revolution Call For Nominations
- Eligibility: Entering a nomination for an eligible small town as outlined below in these Official Rules for the Deluxe Small Business Revolution – Main Street Call for Nominations (the “Call for Nominations”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States (or the District of Columbia) who are at least 21 years of age at the time of entry (“Entrants”). Employees and non-employee workers of Deluxe Corporation, Fast Horse Inc., Flow Nonfiction, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and agents, and any agencies or other companies involved in the development or execution of the Call for Nominations or production or distribution of Call for Nominations materials, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such person are not eligible.
The Call for Nominations is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
- Sponsor/Administrator: Deluxe Corporation, 3680 Victoria St N, Shoreview, MN, 55126.
Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Call for Nominations constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s/Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Call for Nominations. Successfully submitting a nomination as part of the Call for Nominations is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein and constitutes any winner’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s/Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Call for Nominations.
- Timing: The Call for Nominations begins on October 4, 2018, at 12:01 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) and ends on October 26, 2018, at 11:59 p.m. CT (the “Nomination Period”). The computer clock of Sponsor’s administrator is the official time-keeping device for the Call for Nominations.
- How to Enter: During the Nomination Period, Entrants may visit https://www.deluxe.com/small-business-revolution/main-street/season-four/ to access the Call for Nominations entry form, and to submit a personal essay nominating a town, based in the 50 United States, which is incorporated, and which has a total population of less than 50,000 persons, that the Entrant believes deserves a “Small Business Revolution” including an infusion of services and money to help support the town’s local small businesses. More information about the “Small Business Revolution – Main Street Award” and recipient criteria can be found at http://www.smallbusinessrevolution.org. Entrants must complete all fields in Call for Nominations entry form and essays are limited to 500 words or fewer. By submitting an entry, each Entrant confirms that his or her entry complies with all submission requirements and these Official Rules. Sponsor/Administrator, in its sole discretion, will determine whether entries comply with these Official Rules and may disqualify any entry or submission for any reason whatsoever.
- Entry Content Restrictions: Entries must be Entrant’s own work and must be in English. Entries must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement. Entries must not disparage Sponsor/Administrator or any other person or party affiliated with the Call for Nominations and administration of this Call for Nominations. Entries must not contain material that Sponsor/Administrator deems to be inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous. Entries must not contain material that Sponsor deems to promote bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or to promote discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age. Entries must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where the nomination is created. Sponsor/Administrator will make all determinations related to whether entries comply with these Content Restriction requirements and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry or nomination for any reason whatsoever.
- Small Business Revolution Award Winner: Beginning October 27, 2018, a panel of judges, determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will select finalist towns from all eligible towns nominated through submission of eligible entries to receive the Small Business Revolution – Main Street Award. Selection of the finalist towns will be based on Sponsor’s determination of which most deserves the Award based on:
- Challenges faced by local small businesses
- Challenges faced by the town
- Potential uses for and impact to be made by the Small Business Revolution – Main Street Award
- Need for support and services for local businesses and communities
- Supplemental information about nominated town provided by Entrant upon Sponsor’s request
Sponsor/Administrator’s determination will be based on information contained in all eligible nomination essays and any other independent research or information Sponsor/Administrator wishes to consider or deems necessary to evaluate each nominated, eligible town in connection with or during the judging process. Sponsor/Administrator, at its sole discretion, will determine the quality of entries, the ways in which each nominated small business embodies the criteria above, including the weight, value, and applicability of each criteria, any other factors or information necessary to reach its final selection of a business to receive the Small Business Revolution – Main Street Award. Sponsor/Administrator reserves the right to make all decisions and determinations, in its sole discretion, in choosing the towns that are chosen as finalists for the Small Business Revolution – Main Street Award.
After finalist towns are chosen, the recipient of the Small Business Revolution – Main Street Award will be chosen through an online voting mechanism determined by Sponsor/Administrator.
- Publicity and Copyright: Except where prohibited, entry of a nomination constitutes Entrant’s consent for Sponsor/Administrator and its agencies, representatives and those working on its behalf to use Entrant’s name, likeness, city and state of residence, and Entrant’s nomination, for advertising, marketing or promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further consent or consideration.
Without limiting the generality of these Official Rules, Entrant shall irrevocably grant, transfer, convey and assign to Sponsor/Administrator the entirety of the rights in and to the Nomination and all renewals and extensions of copyright, and the right to secure copyright registrations thereto in perpetuity including, without limitation, the rights to use the Nomination for any and all purposes in any and all media whether now known or hereafter developed, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity. Entrant also shall irrevocably grant, transfer, convey and assign to Sponsor/Administrator the entirety of the rights in and to any derivative and/or copyrightable works created in connection with or related to this Call for Nominations or Entrants likeness.
Other provisions in these Official Rules notwithstanding, and to the extent not encompassed by the previous paragraph, entering a Nomination constitutes Entrant’s consent to give Sponsor/Administrator a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable, assignable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Nominations in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, Entrant will sign documentation that may be required for Sponsor/Administrator or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Nomination or any portion thereof. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible or misdirected Nominations, which are disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Entrant accepts and acknowledges that Sponsor/Administrator shall not be obligated to use the Nomination or any information related to Entrant and that Sponsor/Administrator in its sole discretion shall have the right to refrain from using any such information. Sponsor/Administrator shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor/Administrator chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder. Entrant will indemnify Sponsor/Administrator, Released Parties (as defined in Section 12 below) and any licensee of Sponsor/Administrator against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms.
- General Conditions: If for any reason, the Call for Nominations is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, may corrupt or affect the administration, operation, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Call for Nominations, Sponsor/Administrator reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Call for Nominations, and select the winner, from the entries received prior to the action taken or in other such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor/Administrator. Sponsor/Administrator reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Call for Nominations or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or in any disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of this Call for Nominations may be in violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor/Administrator reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor/Administrator’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Call for Nominations, Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Deluxe Corporation, Fast Horse Inc., and their respective related companies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents and agencies, promotional partners, prize partners, and their officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Call for Nominations, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Call for Nominations; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Call for Nominations or the processing of entries; (e) late, lost, or undeliverable mail; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Call for Nominations. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Call for Nominations and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Disputes: Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Call for Nominations or the Award or its associated winner selection and/or notification (the “Call for Nominations Administration”) shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of Minnesota or the appropriate Minnesota State Court located in Hennepin County, Minnesota; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Call for Nominations, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Call for Nominations and Call for Nominations Administration, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Minnesota, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Minnesota or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Minnesota.